Japan Computer Vision Corp. (the “Company”) considers the appropriate protection of personal information to be an important part of its business operations and will therefore manage customers’ personal information with the utmost care in accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57 of 2003; the “Personal Information Protection Act”) and relevant laws and regulations.
1. Name of the Company
Japan Computer Vision Corp. （The address and representative are here. Hereinafter referred to as "The Company".）
3. Compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and guidelines
The Company will comply with the Personal Information Protection Act, relevant laws and regulations, and relevant guidelines.
4. Acquisition, etc. of personal information
The Company will acquire personal information appropriately in accordance with laws and regulations and keep personal data accurate and current to the extent necessary for the achievement of the purpose of use, and the Company will endeavor to delete it without delay when the use of such data is no longer necessary.
5. Use, etc. of personal information
The Company will not use personal information beyond the extent necessary for the achievement of the purpose of use.
Except for exceptional cases under the Personal Information Protection Act, the Company will not provide personal data to any third party without the data subject’s consent.
If entrusting all or part of the handling of personal data to a third party, the Company will exercise necessary and appropriate supervision of the contractor to ensure the secure management of personal data.
6. Secure management measures for personal data
The Company will implement necessary and appropriate secure management measures for each stage of acquisition, usage, storage and the like in order to prevent the leakage, loss, damage, improper use and the like of personal data.
- Formulation of basic policy: To ensure the proper handling of personal data, we will formulate a basic policy regarding "compliance with relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, etc." and "point of contact for questions and complaints", etc.
- Establishment of rules for handling personal data: Rules for handling personal data will be established for each stage of acquisition, use, storage, provision, deletion/disposal, etc., including handling methods, responsible persons/persons in charge, and their duties, etc.
- Organizational security control measures: In addition to appointing a person responsible for the handling of personal data, the Company shall clarify the employees who handle personal data and the scope of personal data handled by such employees, and establish a system for reporting to the person responsible in the event that the Company becomes aware of facts or signs of violation of laws or handling regulations.
- Personnel security control measures: Regular training will be provided to employees on matters to be considered in the handling of personal data.
- Physical security control measures: In the areas where personal data is handled, the Company controls the entry and exit of employees, restricts the equipment and other items they may bring into the areas, and implements measures to prevent unauthorized persons from accessing personal data.
- Technical security control measures: Access control is implemented to limit the scope of persons in charge and the personal databases, etc. handled. In addition, we implement mechanisms to protect information systems that handle personal data from unauthorized external access or unauthorized software.
- Understanding the external environment: We use cloud services to provide better services to our customers, and we may handle personal data related to our customers overseas. When handling such personal data overseas, we will implement safety management measures after understanding the systems for protection of personal information in the relevant country.
7. Disclosure, correction, cessation of use, etc. of retained personal data
Upon request from the data subject, the Company will disclose, correct, cease the use of, and take other such actions in regard to retained personal data as set forth by laws and regulations and as determined by the Company.
8. Regarding the Company website
9. Formulation, implementation, etc. of rules on the handling of personal information
For any inquiries, comments, complaints or the like regarding the handling of personal information by the Company, please contact us through the inquiry formon this website.
Purposes of Use of Customers’ Personal Information
Japan Computer Vision Corp. (the “Company”) will use personal information (meaning personal information defined in the Personal Information Protection Act, such as name, address, date of birth, phone number, and email address) of customers for the following purposes and will not use such information for other purposes unless stipulated in laws and regulations.
Customers include not only people who were in the past or are currently in a contractual relationship or trading relationship with the Company, but also those who in the future may enter into a contractual relationship or trading relationship with the Company; in the case of corporations, the personnel in charge at the corporation are also included.
- To make customers smoothly use the services provided by the Company
- To compile statistical data on the use of the services provided by the Company
- To conduct questionnaires regarding the services that the Company currently provides or considers providing in the future
- For identification of customers and authentication services
- For the Company to charge fees
- For system maintenance and responding to system issues
- To respond to inquiries from customers
- To inform customers through e-zines and the like about services of the Company and promotional information from advertisers who are business operators other than the Company
- To formulate plans for and provide the Company’s existing services or future services
- For raffles and delivery of prizes and goods for promotional campaigns and the like
- To communicate as necessary, such as sending important notices about services of the Company
- 12. For other purposes separately set out in each service provided by the Company
Procedures for Requests for Disclosure, etc. of Retained Personal Data
Japan Computer Vision Corp. ("the Company") accepts requests for notification of the purpose of use of retained personal data (Article 32, Paragraph 2 of the Personal Information Protection Law), disclosure (Article 33, Paragraph 1 of the Personal Information Protection Law), correction, addition, deletion (Article 34, Paragraph 1 of the Personal Information Protection Law), suspension of use, deletion, suspension of provision to third parties (Article 35, Paragraph 1 and 3 of the Personal Information Protection Law) and (Article 33, Paragraph 5 of the Personal Information Protection Law). Please contact us using the inquiry form on this website.
The Company will promptly respond to your request in accordance with laws and regulations. Please note that there may be cases in which we are unable to respond to a request for disclosure, etc., in accordance with laws and regulations. Personal information submitted by customers when requesting disclosure, etc. of retained personal data or disclosure of records of provision to third parties will be used only to the extent necessary to respond to such requests, etc., and will be retained for the necessary period of time after response is made before being disposed of in a secure manner.
Enacted: July 17, 2019
Revised: December 1, 2023