1. Name of the CompanyJapan Computer Vision Corp.
3. Compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and guidelinesThe Company will comply with the Personal Information Protection Act, relevant laws and regulations, and relevant guidelines.
4. Acquisition, etc. of personal informationThe Company will acquire personal information appropriately in accordance with laws and regulations and keep personal data accurate and current to the extent necessary for the achievement of the purpose of use, and the Company will endeavor to delete it without delay when the use of such data is no longer necessary.
5. Use, etc. of personal informationThe Company will not use personal information beyond the extent necessary for the achievement of the purpose of use.
Except for exceptional cases under the Personal Information Protection Act, the Company will not provide personal data to any third party without the data subject’s consent.
If entrusting all or part of the handling of personal data to a third party, the Company will exercise necessary and appropriate supervision of the contractor to ensure the secure management of personal data.
6. Secure management measures for personal dataThe Company will implement necessary and appropriate secure management measures for each stage of acquisition, usage, storage and the like in order to prevent the leakage, loss, damage, improper use and the like of personal data.
7. Disclosure, correction, cessation of use, etc. of retained personal dataUpon request from the data subject, the Company will disclose, correct, cease the use of, and take other such actions in regard to retained personal data as set forth by laws and regulations and as determined by the Company.
11. InquiriesFor any inquiries, comments, complaints or the like regarding the handling of personal information by the Company, please contact us through the inquiry form on this website.
Purposes of Use of Customers’ Personal InformationJapan Computer Vision Corp. (the “Company”) will use personal information (meaning personal information defined in the Personal Information Protection Act, such as name, address, date of birth, phone number, and email address) of customers for the following purposes and will not use such information for other purposes unless stipulated in laws and regulations.
Customers include not only people who were in the past or are currently in a contractual relationship or trading relationship with the Company, but also those who in the future may enter into a contractual relationship or trading relationship with the Company; in the case of corporations, the personnel in charge at the corporation are also included.
1. To make customers smoothly use the services provided by the Company
2. To compile statistical data on the use of the services provided by the Company
3. To conduct questionnaires regarding the services that the Company currently provides or considers providing in the future
4. For identification of customers and authentication services
5. For the Company to charge fees
6. For system maintenance and responding to system issues
7. To respond to inquiries from customers
8. To inform customers through e-zines and the like about services of the Company and promotional information from advertisers who are business operators other than the Company
9. To formulate plans for and provide the Company’s existing services or future services
10. For raffles and delivery of prizes and goods for promotional campaigns and the like
11. To communicate as necessary, such as sending important notices about services of the Company
12. For other purposes separately set out in each service provided by the Company
Procedures for Request for Disclosure, etc. of Personal InformationJapan Computer Vision Corp. (the “Company”) will accept requests for notification of the purpose of use (Article 27, Paragraph 2 of the Personal Information Protection Act) and requests for disclosure (Article 28, Paragraph 1 of the Personal Information Protection Act), correction, addition, or deletion (Article 29, Paragraph 1 of the Personal Information Protection Act), or cessation of use, erasure, or cessation of third-party provision (Article 30, Paragraphs 1 and 3 of the Personal Information Protection Act) regarding personal data retained by the Company, in accordance with the following process. Please contact us through the inquiry form on this website.
Any requests received will be responded to promptly in accordance with laws and regulations. Please note that there may be cases where the request for disclosure or the like will not be granted under the provisions of laws and regulations.
* Personal information of the customer submitted upon the request for disclosure or the like of personal information will be used only to the extent necessary for responding to that request or the like; after responding, the information will be retained for the necessary period and then disposed of in a secure manner.
* Please note that this document is an unofficial translation and was prepared for reference purpose only.
The original release is in Japanese.